The Wandering Naturalist

My soapbox, as a traveler interested in the natural world, its glories and its plight...

Monday, April 10, 2006

Lord's Prayer Possibilities

SAN FRANCISCO--Just wondering... How would our culture be different if we allowed this possibility?:
Our Mother who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our debts
As we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil,
For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
Amen.

Or what about this version?:
Divine force, residing within me,
May I honor You.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done
In the outer world
As on the spiritual plane.
Provide for my daily needs today
And forgive me my mistakes
As I forgive the mistakes others make that seem to harm me.
Guide me along my highest path
And deliver me from my baser self,
For to You--Divine Force within me, within All--
belong the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever.
Let it be so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home